I started Shapely Chic Sheri because I was (and still am) frustrated with the lack of options available to younger curvy women who want to develop their personal style. This blog is essentially my personal style journey, which includes outfit posts, my fashion rants and raves, and my advice on navigating a skinny world as a curvy girl.
Hopefully, this blog will encourage women of all sizes to ignore the “fashion rules,” embrace their shapes, and not let the numbers on the tags of their clothing define who they are and how they feel about themselves.
9 Random Things About Me…
- I graduated from law school and passed the New York State Bar Exam the first time around.
- I love to cook and I’ve become pretty good at it with the help of online recipes and Pinterest.
- My favorite kinds of food are Caribbean (especially Bajan and Haitian) and Asian (particularly Thai)..
- I have a very real weakness for off-the-shoulder anything.
- As much as I love fashion, I prefer watching the evolution of someone’s personal style, which is why I am obsessed with blogs. I follow at least 30 blogs.
- I am a hardcore bargain hunter. And I mean that. I rarely pay regular price for anything. I just get great pleasure out of getting something I love for a steal.
- I can knit, but for some reason I cannot crochet.
- My favorite movies of all time are The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music.
- My favorite colors are green and white.