As you all know, I am an avid bargain hunter. I live for finding amazing (and sometimes high-end) items for a steal. Many of the higher-end items you’ve seen me wear in my posts (like my Stuart Weitzman peep toe pumps, Manolo Blahnik pumps, Frye bag, etc.), I’ve purchased for 70 – 97% off. Yes, 97%! Most of these items are from Nordstrom Rack, which is one my favorite places to bargain hunt (see previous post here). So, today, I wanted to do something different and share a few of my shopping tips for finding great items for a steal at their store. (Obviously, these are tips that work for me and may not work for you, but you should definitely give them a try.)
1. Make a list of what you need/want. Nordstrom Rack has a ton of great goodies and it is very easy to go in there for nothing and come out with 4 or 5 bags of bargains. This can be great, and has happened to me. However, if you’re on a strict shopping budget, you will need to stay focused.
2. Shop/browse often. You can’t get amazing deals if you’re only at the store once in a while. Generally, I suggest going in once every 2 days, 3 at the max. Personally, I like to stop in every day for about 20 mins to browse before I run other little errands, but that’s because I’m a pro…LOL.
3. Get to know the sales people. Sometimes, if you get to know the ladies (and gents) that work there, they may let you know when a brand you love has new items in. They will also tell you when there are shopping events coming up (sales, triple points, etc.) and when they will be receiving more inventory.
4. Get the Nordstrom Rack app. It will give you all the information on what new items have come in so you don’t have to make the trip to the store.
5. Shop the clearance racks. Shopping the clearance racks, especially during the Clear the Rack sales (extra 25% off of clearance items), is the best way to stay on budget. While it takes a lot of energy, since those racks are usually messy, with a little patience you can find a ton of great deals in the clearance section. Also, you will definitely have some competition on those racks so put your game face on, move swiftly and don’t let the other ladies try to cut by you while you’re on a rack. (Yes, it does happen.) Lastly, if you find something you love on the clearance rack, buy it! It won’t be there when you come back.
These tips are applicable to in-store shopping, but you could apply some of them to online shopping also.
I hope this post was helpful and gave you a bit of insight into my shopping habits.
Thanks for reading.
P. S. This post was NOT sponsored. I’m just obsessed with their store.